L. SEAN MULLINS, DDS
MAKING A DIFFERENCE BY IMPROVING SMILES
When I was about 14, I decided that I wanted to be an orthodontist. I was going through my own orthodontic treatment at the time and saw the positive changes it made in my life and the lives of my friends. My plan was to bring those same changes to others.
As an orthodontist, I love seeing the transformations in each of my patients. My favorite time at work happens when we remove a patient’s braces and they are astonished to see their finished smile for the first time. It is truly a blessing to be able to make this type of difference in someone’s life and I absolutely believe this is one of God's purposes for my life.
EDUCATION AND CONTINUING EDUCATION
- Undergraduate, Virginia Tech
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery, The Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
- Orthodontic Residency, The Medical College of Virginia/Virginia Commonwealth University
In my practice, I have always said that I like to stay one small step behind the cutting edge of orthodontic technology. This allows me to thoroughly evaluate and choose new technologies and treatments that are shown to improve the quality of care and results. My ultimate goal as an orthodontist is to provide the highest quality care in the most efficient manner using advanced and proven techniques.
L. Sean Mullins Orthodontics sponsors:
- Avoca Youth Baseball
- Bristol Ballet
- Bass Fishing Team at Virginia Tech
- Tennessee High School Booster Club
- Sullivan East High School
- Virginia High School Booster Club
- Sullivan Central High School Booster Club
- Mountain Mission School
- ACTS Warriors Basketball Team
- Bristol Dance Academy
- Shelby Lodge #162
- Tennessee Dental Association
- Discovery Church
- American Cancer Society
- Relay for Life
- Cancer Outreach Foundation
- Young Life Bristol
- American Association of Orthodontists
- Tennessee Association of Orthodontists
- Virginia Orthodontic Education and Research Foundation
- American Dental Association
- Tennessee Dental Association
I grew up in the small Southwest Virginia coal-mining town of Grundy, VA. My wife, Dianna and I were high school sweethearts and have been married for more than 34 years. We moved to Bristol, TN, in 1995 to start our family after I finished my orthodontic residency in Richmond. We have raised two great children and now have an awesome daughter-in-law and granddaughter. My son Carter also married his high school sweetheart, Kayla Duncan Mullins. They recently moved back to Bristol, have started their own family and Carter has joined a local dental practice as their newest dentist. Bailey our daughter, recently obtained her Doctorate in Physical Therapy from the University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. She is currently a pediatric physical therapist in Memphis and hopes to move closer to home soon.
In my free time, I love being outdoors. My dad took me hunting and fishing when I was very young and these remain passions of mine, especially when I get to go with good friends. Between hunting and fishing seasons, I also enjoy wakesurfing and boating on South Holston lake.